Friday, August 15, 2008

ISBE Conference was great, but now I'm headed home.


The conference was everything I needed -- stimulating, great networking, reuniting with old friends, learning about future opportunities and having fun.

I know Scientists catch a bad rap at times, but really, we are human beings. We simply love what we do, it's just that not alot people can relate to a job where you ask questions all of the time, do lots of reading, writing and researching, and talking to other "egg-heads" as my mother calls it.

Behavioral Ecology as a lot of great things going on. I attended the most exicting and best plenary talk of my life my Ken Catania of Vanderbilt University.

I visited lots of poster presentations and will in turn share what I learned with you, so please be on the lookout for posting about:


  • Least terns that nest on the rooftops of warehouse buildings in Dallas
  • Rockhopper Pigeons of the Faulkland Islands
  • Mexican Jays that discriminate between larger and smaller food items
  • Great nature photos of Ithaca, NY -- there are Gorges on the campus!
In the meantime, if you have a facebook account Photos from Conference on my Facebook page. And please sign up to be my friend. I'd like that.

Rest up for the first day of school. It should be coming soon for most of you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails