Sunday, December 07, 2008

Five Things Meme - Weekend Fun

I was tagged by MG at The Oyster’s Garter. She’s one of my internet/science blogger friends and I will get to meet her in January at the ScienceOnline09 Conference in January. Here I go.

5 Things I Was Doing 10 Years Ago:
· Just starting research and my Master’s thesis with meadow voles
· Beginning to dislike my job as a tour guide
· TA an undergrad biology lab, Anatomy & Physiology I think
· Shuttling my younger siblings to school
· Wishing I had a new car

5 Things On My To-Do List Today:
· Work on my abstract for a symposium
· Write my dissertation, Chapter 1
· Call my Little Sister to see if she wants to hang out
· Check in with my dissertation advisor
· Start writing an article for a local newspaper

5 Snacks I Love:
· Cookies
· Potato Chips
· Chex Mix – Cheese Flavored
· Kettle corn
· Cheese and crackers

5 Things I’d do if I was a Millionaire:
· Create an endowment for community-based projects in poor urban neighborhoods
· Create an endowment to fund research projects of my friends and other graduate students – but the grant must be written in poetic form – sonnets, limericks, and haikus – more money for the best written proposal with the fewest words.
· Create and produce my own Science Television Show.
· Tramp around the US and world filming my television show, visiting my friends and students whom I have funded, featuring their research on the show.
· Take care of my family

5 Places I’ve Lived:
· Guyana (South America)
· Cookeville, TN
· South Memphis, TN
· St. Louis, MO
· Whitehaven Memphis, TN

5 Jobs I’ve Had:
· Grocery Store Cashier
· City Tour Guide
· Toy Store Employee
· Parks & Rec Aide
· Americorps Supervisor

I tag Intisar, Lisa, Samia, Lyndell, and Gandalf & Grayson

1 comment:

Miriam Goldstein said...

Writing haiku grants
Would be like casting snowflakes
Into a hot stove.

(But I'd be first in line! And fun to get a glimpse into your illustrious past. :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails