Monday, February 25, 2008

Wolves making a comeback - and an impact

When I was in college I LOVED wolves. I had 6 posters of wolves on my dorm room walls. I just *knew* I would be a veterinarian. My interest in wolves were mainly sparked by concern about this animal being threatened with extinction.
Well, I didn't become a veterinarian. But I did become something better suited for me - an ecologist. As an ecologist I join a long list of other life scientists (including veterinarians) who work to keep animals safe and off of the endangered species list.

In reference to my love of wolves and my interest in promoting their protection I'm sharing these interesting links.
A rare video of wolves in Canada's Arctic region: Elusive wolves caught on camera
A quick read about wolves helping more aspen trees grow in Yellowstone Park:
Aspens Return to Yellowstone, With Help From Some Wolves. (If you can't get this, but want it, let me know and I can email it to you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails