Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wordless Wednesday: Wild Morning Glories

I was stopped at the westbound I-70 exit of Kingshighway (in St. Louis, Mo) and I noticed these wild morning glories growing from the crack of the sidewalk. These wild flowers, sometimes called hedge bindweed, tend to be white or white and pink (like these). The flower is near the ground and doesn't grow tall but it is viney so it spreads across lawns easily.  Here in the city, I often find them growing out of concrete or asphalt and near buildings.

This patch of wild morning glories was thriving in the urban area.
This is a close up of the flower. This one was growing on the lawn of Forest Park.


Have you ever noticed this flower before in your neighborhood?

3 comments:

Vicky said...

I love it that shot of them thriving in the sidewalk crack. Nature taking over!

ankita said...

Bash the festivity of your dear ones in India with heartiness and express your love and admiration to them by sending flowers and gifts online from www.indiafloristnetwork.com.

Mike B. said...

Unfortunately, I see morning glory in my backyard! It is impossible to get rid of, though at least the flowers are nice.

Related Posts with Thumbnails