Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: Beauty Down Below

This week’s Thematic Photographic 35 - is Down – a perspective challenge - photos taken of things on the ground or looking down or near the ground. I actually take many of my nature photos from this perspective because that’s where the subjects are – grass, flowers, seeds, leaves, and streams. Here are a few samples.

Sycamore pod
Sweet gum pods
pine needles
moss
echinachea or purple cone flower
water grass in a stream
clover grass
pine cones
black walnut seeds

8 comments:

Tink *~*~* said...

I'm glad you took the trouble to identify everything - I've seen some of those pods around but never knew what the tree was called. Thanks!

Tink *~*~*
NEW at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* : Which Way Do You Look?

Beth F said...

Very nice series. I like the water shot in particular.

Mojo said...

Sorry, but somebody's gotta sya it...

"Get down witchyo bad self girl!"

I had to. Just had to.

Kit Aerie-el said...

Great photos! You've reminded me that I need to plant some echinachea this year. :)

jams o donnell said...

What a wonderful set of photos. I love those pods

Anonymous said...

I love these photos. Some of the most beautiful parts of the plant are those that fall to the ground in fall and winter. This blog always inspires me to pay a little (or a lot) more attention to the nature that surrounds us.

clnmike said...

Great pics.

Unknown said...

Hey, porcupine eggs! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails